Membership FormWe welcome new and returning members!
Please complete and submit the membership form below electronically by August 31, 2021 to be on the 2021 High Holy Day members list. A printable off-line alternative form is available. Special rates are available for your first year of membership. Please contact Temple President Alysse at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For a complete explanation the membership criteria, please go here and review the “Membership” section. NOTE: By paying your membership dues commitment, you are agreeing that you meet the membership criteria.
Explanation of Fees:
Membership Fee: This portion of your contribution goes directly to allowing Temple Shalom to continue to operate and supporting programs for our community at temple. We offer discounted rates for first time members and students. If you require financial assistance, please contact Temple President Alysse Hastie at email@example.com so that we can accommodate your need and process your membership.
ARZA Canada Membership: (Optional) ARZA Canada is an affiliate of the Union for Reform Judaism and its Canadian Council which connects reform communities throughout Canada, fosters connections with and strengthens our ties to the Reform Movement in Israel, and works to realize the vision of Reform Zionism. For more information, please visit https://www.arzacanada.org. Please note that by contributing to ARZA, you are becoming a member of the organization. Your contact information will be sent to them so that they can maintain their rolls and respond to any audits they may become subject to. You will also receive regular communications from them unless you opt out on their web site.
URJ Dues: The Union of Reform Judaism (formerly the Union of American Hebrew Congregations) strengthens congregations and communities that connect people to Jewish life. As a reform congregation, we are members of the URJ and receive resources and support from them. For more information, please visit https://urj.org.
Temple Security for High Holy Days: This portion of your contribution goes towards ensuring that measures are taken to ensure everyone’s safety during High Holy Day services.
Donation to the Prayer Book Fund: (Optional) The prayer book fund allows us to purchase Shabbat prayer books, Machzorim, and Chumashim; keep our Torah scrolls in good repair; and more. Our next purchase from this fund will be to replace our aging Chumashim so that there will be enough copies in good repair for use during Shabbat Services.
Additional contribution to subsidize those unable to pay: (Optional) Financial hardship should not be a barrier to full participation in Jewish and Temple life. We recognize that the pandemic has caused an increased burden on many families within our community, so we ask that you consider helping to subsidize another person’s membership if your are financially able to do so.
How to pay:
There are multiple ways to pay dues. Here they are listed in order of preference due to ease of management for the synagogue.
- E-transfer. This requires no mailing or paper of any kind. Paying all at once or making multiple payments through the year are both OK.
- A single check addressed to “Temple Shalom” and mailed to the treasurer’s home (due to COVID) at 79 Doon Creek St, Kitchener, ON N2R0B6
- Multiple postdated checks made out and mailed as in #2.
- CanadaHelps is not preferred because of the work needed to unbundle contributions and properly attribute them to the correct members. Also, CanadaHelps only passes on 96% of what you pay them. So, in order to calculate what you should pay, you need to multiply your intended contribution by 1.042. For example, if your dues are $1000 and you pay through CanadaHelps, you need to pay them $1,042 so that we receive $1000.
- Cash is the least optimal way to pay because there is no paper trail and it is hard to mail safely. If you must pay in cash, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work out the best way to hand off the cash.
Temple Shalom is registered with CRA as a charitable organization. Receipts will be issued for funds received by 31 December 2021. Once payments are recorded into the temple’s accounting software, you will be sent a tax receipt by email. So, it is critical that you keep your email up to date with us. If you change your email, please mail email@example.com to let us know.
Membership Form 2021 / 2022
Please do not close this window until the form displays the message that it has successfully been submitted!
This may take up to 30 seconds.
See top of page for payment instructions.