Membership FormWe welcome new and returning members!
Please complete and submit the membership form below electronically by September 3, 2022 to be on the 2022 High Holy Day members list. A printable and fillable off-line alternative form is available. See “How to pay” below for where to send the printed and filled out off-line form.
For a complete explanation the membership criteria, please go here and review the “Membership” section. NOTE: By paying your membership dues commitment, you are agreeing that you meet the membership criteria.
Your Dues Go To…
- The Cedars building
- The Rabbi’s salary
- URJ dues (Union for Reform Judaism – these dues are mandatory for all Reform congregations)
- Security at High Holidays
- Technology that enables us to stream our services
How Much to Pay:
We have simplified our payment system this year, removing the enumerated fees (ie: separate amounts for URJ fees, security, etc.). For returning members, if you are able, please increase your base pledge to match last year’s total contribution.
The suggested amount to pay is 1.8% of your annual salary. See special rates outlined below:
|First-Time Single Member||$270|
|First-Time Member Family||$450|
|Affiliate (Members of other synagogues)||$75|
No one will be turned away for financial reasons. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you have special circumstances to discuss.
How to pay:
There are multiple ways to pay dues. Here they are listed in order of preference due to ease of management for the synagogue.
1) E-transfer. This requires no mailing or paper of any kind. Paying all at once or making multiple payments through the year are both OK.
2) A single cheque addressed to “Temple Shalom” and mailed to the treasurer’s home (due to COVID) at 79 Doon Creek St, Kitchener, ON N2R0B6
3) Multiple postdated cheques made out and mailed as in #2.
4) Using CanadaHelps is discouraged because of the work needed to unbundle contributions and properly attribute them to the correct members. Also, CanadaHelps passes on only 96% of what you pay them. To calculate what you should pay multiply your intended contribution by 1.042. (Ex.: if your dues are $1000 you need to pay CanadaHelps $1,042, so that we receive $1000.
5) Cash is the least optimal way to pay. If the paper trail gets separated from the cash, we do not know the cash’s origin; and snail mail is not safe. If you must pay in cash, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule hand off the cash.
Temple Shalom is registered with CRA as a charitable organization. Receipts for the 2022 tax year will be issued for all funds received by 31 December 2022. Once any payment is recorded into the Temple’s accounting software, you will be sent a tax receipt for the payment by email. It is critical that you keep your email address up to date with us. Please send any email address changes to email@example.com.
Membership Form 2022 / 2023
Please do not close this window until the form displays the message that it has successfully been submitted!
This may take up to 30 seconds.
See top of page for payment instructions.